Monday, July 5, 2010

Niagara Falls

12" X 11"
Watercolors on 140lb cold press watercolor paper

It was a wonderful journey painting this gorgeous waterfall.  I had been to Niagara Falls some time during the last month. Had clicked a few pictures as a remembrance of the vacation; never thought I would be painting them.  Painting this one was definitely not an easy task.  I have tried to incorporate as much detail as possible, the rocks, the water and of course the waterfall.  Rendering the whites and the grays in the waterfall  was a very difficult task as most of it looked "white" in the photograph.  But I had to add it a few cool grays to give it some dimension.  All in all I throughly enjoyed painting this waterfall.


4 comments:

  1. Radha, your Niagara Falls is beautiful!
    I like your wall of water and the water below, the peaceful atmosphere and the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Radha,
    Nice to meet your work today,it has a sort of photographic clarity in all its aspects. They look very real and perfect to the core,, this one in particular is mind blowing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous paintings Radha! I came blog hopping here from padmaja..

    ReplyDelete