Friday, November 26, 2010

The Venetian

11 x 15 inches
watercolor on 140lb coldpress paper

I am still pulling reference photos from my trip to Las Vegas last month and I guess this is the last painting from  the Vegas photos.  We had been to a hotel called The Venetian in Vegas  the interiors of which are a remake of Venice.  The only difference being that the buildings inside The Venetian are spic and span , and clean in architecture where as those in Venice have grown old and look a little dilapidated.  And of course The Venetian misses out on the natural beauty of Venice which is very sad.  Nevertheless its a treat to the eyes for people like me who cannot make it to Venice.  So this painting resembles the interiors of The Venetian (Las Vegas, NV) and not Venice.  Thank you for visiting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment