Sunday, October 23, 2011

Ocean Rocks II

18 x 24 oil on panel

The month of October has been extremely unproductive/frustrating for me.  Since this is my first year in the Pacific NW, it took me a while to adjust with the gloomy climate.  Starting October, Oregon has been cloudy and rainy.  Since I work in layers, it is imperative that my layers dry (to touch) before I lay another glaze.  And winter has tremendously slowed the drying process.  Hence more is the wait time. This painting has had at least 7-8 glazes of paint.  The inspiration for this one was the Indian Beach which extends a few miles from the Cannon Beach shore line...This painting will be a part of my Cannon Beach series (the Haystack, Cannon Beach, and Ocean Rocks).  For now I plan to take a break with oceanscapes and move on to landscapes for a while.  Thank you for visiting my blog.  Have a nice day!  and yes, do visit again :)

We can also be in touch on Facebook and Twitter 

2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely scene and is very well painted Ria! The gradual shift in the color of water from the background to the foreground is great. Your glazing technique is wonderful in this painting.

    ReplyDelete